Monday, March 22, 2010

Pinching with Priscilla

This past weekend I also took a 2-day ceramics workshop with Priscilla Mouritzen at Hood College. Priscilla is from Denmark and considers herself to be a "production pinch potter". I spent the weekend creating pinch pots, something I haven't done in almost eight years.
You can learn more about Priscilla and her work at: http://pinchpots.blogspot.com/

Here Priscilla is working on one of her larger pinch pots.

Here are some of Priscilla's pots with one of her sketch books in the foreground.

This is one of my pinched cups decorated with pigeons pulled from one my sketchbooks.

On this small pinched vase I engraved one of my favorite poems. I think I might decorate one of my larger vase forms like this later in the week.

This is a pinched cup that I carved a journal entry directly into. The subject of the journal entry was "Why Pinching?". When I first started working with clay, pinching was the technique that allowed me to spend as much time as possible on each pot. I first fell in love with clay while making pinch pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment