Saturday, April 10, 2010

passing the time while testing

At my school, the entire month of April is going to be effected by PSSA testing. My coworkers and I often refer to the month of April as the “lost month”. Unfortunately most of my classroom lessons and my students’ projects will come to a grinding halt for the next three weeks. I will have to proctor tests for 2-3 hours on some days. Furthermore my ceramics classroom has been deemed unconducive for testing, so I will have to proctor tests in different classrooms throughout my school. I will need to be attentive to the needs of the students testing, but I also need to come up with an activity to occupy my time. So, during testing I will bring with me 1-2 pounds of clay and sculpt small critters like this alligator:



No comments:

Post a Comment